Orpheum Theater San Francisco Rules
To assist in creating a safe and enjoyable environment, guests are asked to report any inappropriate behavior to an Orpheum Theatre Usher or Security Officer.
For the safety of everyone, guests are asked to comply with requests from venue staff and security regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures.
Tickets must be shown when requested and guests are asked to sit only in their designated seats.
Below are the ground rules for anyone attending events at the Orpheum Theatre San Francisco. Please make sure you know the rules and regulations before attending any event.
- Weapons (including knives, pepper spray, and weapons accompanied by a valid CCW permit)
- Professional cameras and recording devices
- Large bags (i.e suitcases)
- Outside food and drink (excluding water)
Cameras and recording devices
You are not permitted to take photographs during the performance. The use of cameras and recording devices (with or without flash) is strictly prohibited. Violators may face confiscation of film, tape, disc, card, etc., removal from the theatre, and financial consequences. For your protection, kindly keep all recording devices securely stored in a pocket or purse while inside the theater.
Once the show starts, please ensure all electronic devices are turned off. This prevents any disturbance to the performance and fellow audience members.
Children and babies ticket policy
Unless specified otherwise, children under the age of 5, including infants in arms, are not permitted in the theater. Each show provides its own age recommendation and parental guidance details on the show page. We advise referring to this information when determining if the show is appropriate for your child.
Patron Code of Conduct
Patrons are entitled to an environment where everyone:
- Receives consistent, professional, and courteous treatment from all theater staff.
- Feels comfortable reporting inappropriate behavior to ushers, house managers, or security.
- Complies with venue staff and security instructions on facility operations and emergency response procedures.
- Sits only in assigned seats and shows tickets when requested.
- Consumes alcohol responsibly and in compliance with the law.
- Does not disrupt the event or performers.
- Does not smoke or use tobacco products inside the theater.
- Does not attempt to re-enter without a ticket or proper credential.
- Wears a shirt, shoes, and lower garments at all times.
Please note: Patrons engaging in disruptive behavior, such as fighting, throwing objects, using offensive language or gestures, attempting to enter restricted areas, or any actions negatively impacting others, will be immediately removed from the venue and may face police intervention for these violations.